Thursday, November 11, 2004

A Good Fucking Day

Big Day. Today is a Big Day. For starters, I blew 65 bucks at the booze store already. For seconders, this week of my higher education is over, for thirders, I think I pulled off at least a B on my test after missing the last five classes, and for lasters, it is Perverted Tom's 21st birthday. Time for a celebration, friends.

Random thought that I need to address or I won't be able to write anything else: the word "Gnarly" Where the fuck does the "G" come from?

Also, today I was in an elevator and I was looking at the signs in it. One read, "In case of elevator malfunction..." In case of elevator malfunction? You mean in case the elevator breaks down. I've been noticing this a lot lately. People try to sophisticate language and end up overdoing it and sounding ridiculous. Prime example: Janet Jackson's infamous "wardrobe malfunction." That has to be all-time worst. Although, there are some real whoppers out there. Add it to the list, I will get to it in more depth, no time now, other things to discuss. This list is getting long. I need an uneventful day so I can get to these things and show them the respect they deserve.

Back on track. For now. Wait, what track? This is a fucking blog. I'm always on track.

So, Tom's 21st. Beers, drinks, shots, obliteration. Did I not point out in an earlier posting how much I love obliteration? Stories to come tomorrow, if I remember them.

And, making this day even bigger, I didn't list it above 'cause it would have been like the clapping at the BR show thing and the Josh sueing the KKK on the West Wing thing, Johan Santana unanimously winning the AL Cy Young Award. Bleeter Bloop! That, my friends, was a well-timed Bleeter Bloop (self-compliment number 1 for this entry). Not often do Minnesota sports, teams, or players draw national attention, but it is surely deserved here. The Twins don't even get a lot of hype when they are in the playoffs. Johan, blessed be thy name. Dominating. I will give the Twins 33% of all my future earnings if they sign him to a long term deal right freaking now. I'm not sure why I used freaking there instead of fucking. If they don't sign him, it will demoralizing for the entire state.

And how about Joe Nathan getting 1 third place vote? I like to see that. He was good. He throws hard.

Beautiful, man. (To be read in the accent of Pedro Cerano)

And wow, read The Sports Guy Bill Simmons's article on ESPN.com Page 2. Abolutely hilarious and 100% on the money. I would only give disservice to it by writing anymore, so read it for yourself.

Oh yeah and John Ashcroft resigned this week.

As my friend's former band, Heidiboxer, titled one of their songs, this is a "Good Day."

Thursday Night TV Report coming either tonight or tomorrow, stay tuned.

Shoeless Joe on ER tonight.

Until The Next Time.





Comments:
Santana was awesoem and deserved it coming from a Boston guy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?