Wednesday, November 10, 2004

My Biggest Fear Experienced

My biggest fear is being wrongfully imprisoned. I cannot imagine what it would be like to sit in a jail cell for nearly 20 years for a crime you did commit, to have to do what Bruce Dallas Goodman did. Falsely imprisoned for rape and murder, Goodman will be released from prison thanks to DNA evidence. You gotta love science. It makes you wonder how was convicted in the first place. That's one reason why I wasn't upset about OJ Simpson being aquitted. If you are going to err on the side of anything, err on the side of aquittle. Trying to make sure you get the bad guy off the streets is not worth putting innocent man behind bars. Think about what this man has to look forward to when he is released. How will he find work? Where will he live? His life was fucked by the system. I think the government ought to give him 30-40 grand a year and say good luck. Society owes him this much. The last 19 years for him must have hell, physically, emotionally, and mentally. I can only wish Mr. Goodman the best of luck. What a shitty hand to be dealt.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?