Friday, November 05, 2004

Punchin' The Big Ticket

So after watching the picture box last night, I sat down for a little heads up hold 'em with my good friend Heed. We sat there playing No Limit Hold 'Em and watching the 'Wolves/Nugs game, and having a few whiskey-sevens and rum and cokes. Nugs sounds better to me than Nuggets. The was entertaining to say the least, but my team unfortunately lost in OT. Some highlights: K-Mart shoved Sammy the Alien and Sammy threw the ball at him nice and 3rd grade like. K-Mart raised his hand and deflected it like a fly buzzing toward his freshly packed bowl. Then later, KG, The Big Ticket, The Kid, Kevin Garnett gets into it with more than one or two Nugs players, one of whom, Elson, publically questioned Garnett's sexuality during the playoffs a season ago. Garnett kept his cool, realizing that no player on the Nugs was worth his getting ejected or suspended; he did the same thing in the Peeler incident last year against the Kings. He is too smart for that playground bullshit. KG's line: 25 pts, 15 rebs, 7 assists, and 5 blocked shots, one of those being a rejection on Carmelo that probably made want to run to his backpack to find a quick escape.

And as for Heed's and my Hold 'Em game, we did it, as Heed said, WNBA playoff style, best out of three. I took the first without much drama, he took the second without much drama, then came the third. I took the best hand into the turn and river and he drew out and beat me, leaving me with six chips. I caught some nice hands and some nice cards and doubled up a few times, eventually drawing even before wiping my ass with cards and taking the rubber match. Okay, so that last line was going a bit far, but I won.

After the Hold 'Em, my buddy Perverted Tom stopped by with another friend, Amy. Then we headed for the bars, we left Heed at home though 'cause he has a basketball scrimmage tonight so he was taking it easy. We entered our first smoke-filled bar, Amy and I went in first cause Perverted Tom was talking on the phone to his newly acquired special lady friend (he's whipped like Doug Christie). So we headed to the back to find my built like a brick shithouse friend Luke and his friend with the Irish acccent so thick that I had no idea what he was saying. We had a few drinks, pretty tame night, nothing exciting. Then we split for home. I popped in The 'burbs, made a sandwich and passed out.

I gotta split for the scrimmages now so I can write about 'em for Monday's edish of the paper.

Until later.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?