Tuesday, November 30, 2004

To Mugs

I just went for a run and realized just how out of shape I am. Damnit. I've put on an extra winter coat a little early this season. I am making a vow right now that this morning was as out of shape as I will ever be in my life. Time to turn the page on that one, next chapter please.

I have many hours of studies to do today. I hope it goes well and doesn't take as long as I'm expecting it to, but who I am kidding, I will probably be surfing around the internet reading of bunch of shit when I should be in the process of completing my project, due Thursday.

A sad note:

A good friend of mine from high school's younger sister committed suicide on Friday. As an older brother with a sister in the same grade, I can't imagine what that's like. This guy and I talked a lot about a lot of things in high school. I haven't spoken to him much since, before Sunday, the last time I spoke to him was in June. But he and I built one of those friendships where no matter how long you are apart, it is easy to come back into just the way it was. There will always be that closeness and that trust there. His sister's funeral was at 11 today. Unfortunately, academics are keeping me from being there and I feel horrible about that. So, to my friend, remember the good but don't forget the bad. When someone dies it is important to remember that person for who they were because after a death, you will have many, many people coming to you and telling you all sorts of things about that person that may cloud your memories. Your memories can turn into descriptions and words, and that is sad. Keep them vivid and fresh. Hear her voice, see her face, feel her presence.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?