Monday, December 06, 2004

I Bit Myself in the Ass

Today I nearly had a poker-related disaster.

And the poker that caused the near disaster happened on Sunday.

I was playing $3/$6 limit and I got my straight sitting in the small blind on the turn. 30 dollars later, I found myself beaten by a full house on the river. Shitty.

Then, a few hands later, I was sitting in late position with pocket queens. We capped it before the flop, which was good for me, a bunch of low cards. I continued to bet, he just called on the flop, turn, and river - before turning over pocket Aces.

So, in the span of five hands, I lost about 75 bucks, nearly half my bankroll at the time.

But that is not the disaster. Here is what followed:

After I saw I was beaten by Aces, I grabbed my bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and put it in flight at a very high rate of speed. After two high-impact collisions with two different walls, it came to a stop somewhere on the floor of my already messy bedroom.

Then we had some weekend company and one of my buddy's crashed in my bed as I was busy passing out in various other locations of the house, such as the living room floor. But I had my shoes off, so I couldn't be shamed. To get to my bed, my buddy had to put a bunch clothes on the floor, burrying my Tylonel, which I take only in cases of bad head aches. It's a thing I have, head aches only when it comes to Advil, Tylonel, and the like. So, today, of course, monster head ache. One of those ones where you can't bend down or let the top of your head get below the bottom of your head, if that makes sense. So I had to scramble for the relief, which of course was on the floor, forcing me to drop my head and endure shitty pain. And it was all because I couldn't control my temper when I lost a poker hand.

Until I Grow Up.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?