Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Random I Am

Four days without writing, might be a record.

The weekend here was an excellent time. Saturday night's party turned into a Sunday morning party in true 213 style. I woke up on my boxspring with my mattress on the floor beside me. The bust of the weekend came when my car disagreed with my plans to head south to check out the roommates' basketball game. So, I did the booze shopping while I awaited their return. Alright, on to things people other those at the 213 will give a shit about.

First, an article in Newsweek about Emmy Rossum. Many of you have seen her and didn't know who she was. She played Sean Penn's daughter in Mystic River, the dead girl. She has just been nominated for a Golden Globe for her performance in The Phantom of the Opera. I first saw her when she was 14 in a movie called Songcatcher. She sang in that movie as well and was terrific. I bought the movie based on her performance. She also played across from Jake Gyllenhaal in The Day After Tomorrow, but we'll forgive her for that, and him for that matter. They are great actors, but that movie really blew ass. Besides being a good actor and great singer, she's really fuckin' gorgeous. I'm warning you now, she is going to blow up.

I went Christmas shopping today for nearly three hours. Nearly three of the longer hours of my year. I am playing Santa Clause for my household and also did some shopping for my pops and siblings, somebody had to get the cousins something, so that took a lot of extra time, effort, and patience. How the hell am I going to know what my cousins, 14, 9, and 4 (all girls), who I see thrice yearly, want? I need help.

After I had that shitty day playing limit hold 'em, I have made some nice progress, building my roll back up to hopefully some respectable level. Come Friday, I plan on logging 6-8 hours a day, if not more, until classes resume.

I rented four movies and didn't return them for a week. Now accepting donations to pay off late fines.

The Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) says they are cracking down on people who download movies. This sounds like it will be about as successful as the government's war on drugs.

Just read this. I can't do it justice with any attempts at anything funny or otherwise. Hire me if you want. I'd love to be a Pro Wingman.

Okay, now to continue with the list of 21 things...

9) Baseball's Offseason I love the baseball offseason. I also hate it. I hate it because I know there is a better than 50% chance that the Twins will not be able to re-sign their free agents. Exhibits A and B: Cristian Guzman and Corey Koskie. I think the Twins are going to try out some JV kids from the Edina area to see if they can play SS or 3B.

Some somewhat bizarre signings: Are Kris Benson or Armando Benitez worth over 7 million a year? Remember when Benson's wife said that if he ever cheated on her, she would sleep with every player in the organization? Do you think that had anything to do with Pedro Martinez choosing the sign with them? And, I hope he does cheat on her. About a New York Met Fall Classic Gang Bang - the 2-Disc DVD Special Extended Explosive Extra XXX Edition. Back to Pedro, Omar Minyana better have a plan, because if Pedro is a 7 inning pitcher now, he's going to be a 5 inning pitcher in four years, even while facing pitchers in the batter's box.

The only I care about, so far, is Brad Radke re-signing with the Twins for two years. The Twins can afford to give up Koskie and Guzman, they will find a way to win without those guys, but Radke was essential for them to keep.

12 left.

Until then.





Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?