Thursday, December 02, 2004

'Roids, Odd Observations, and The Return of Perverted Tom and TSLF

So much to talk about.

First, Ty Willingham being fired from Notre Dame is the final nail in the coffin that is already nearly barried that will elimate the Irish Stigma. They can no longer claim to be an exception to college football. They are just a run-of-the-mill mediocore football program now. They fired a guy with a winning record in the middle of his contract. Notre Dame doesn't fire people in the middle of their contracts. They played a tough as hell schedule this year too, I don't get it. Dumbest firing in a long time.

Second, Jason Giambi admitting to steriod use. Was anyone surprised? Does anyone care? This will be the subject of all ESPN broadcasts, except for the mandatory three hours of WSOP re-runs so we get to hear Norman Chad be an idiot, for the next 48 hours. We will hear nothing but Steroid talk. And does anyone care? Look what it did for him, a liver parasite and a tumor, look what it did for his brother, not even in the league anymore I don't think. Baseball needs to close the book on this now. Stop worrying about the past, you can't do anything about it anymore anyway, just start taking measures to prevent use in the future. Get progressive, get sensible. Don't give baseball a black eye.

Much to the dismay of The Geoff and Heed, Wisconsin beat the Terps of Maryland. Go Badgers. Maybe we're in for another great Badger season, hopefully John Stacco doesn't suit up and turn the ball over a whole bunch in the NCAA tourney.

Carmelo's friend really must want to mooch off of him for a long time, taking the rap for his little weed problem. I hope his friend isn't too dissapointed when 'Melo is 30 pounds overweight, the father of 5 kids with 5 different women, and a crack addict in 8-12 years. You heard it here first, the next Shawn Kemp.

Most of the time when people look from side to side, they just use their eyes, or they will turn their whole head. But I saw someone today doing a very creepy thing. He was turning his head slowly to the right, but as he was doing so, he was shifting his eyes to the left at a pace just a bit quicker than his head was moving at. It kind of weirded me out. Have your friend do this for you, it looks odd. Does anyone else notice stuff like this? For those of you who read this shit I write, do you ever notice how I ask a lot of questions like that and never get answers, yet I keep asking them over and over again.

So I'm on 3 hours of sleep over the last 28 hours. I do this to myself. Procrastination is my problem, or is it my method? I do my best work under the gun sometimes. I need to give myself false deadlines, finish something quickly, then come back and look at it a day later. That might be smart. But if that's ever gonna happen, I will need to hire somebody to hold a gun to my head while I finish the assignment a day early.

I have finally written an article for the paper that I would have no problem claiming. I haven't been pleased with anything I've written for it thus far, but this one I like. It's nothing special, but I think it's solid. I have another assignment now, the basketball game on Saturday, should be a good one, hopefully I can write something I appreciate having my name on.

I handed in a project this morning at 9:30 and then walked my ass right out of class. My intention was to study for my 12:30 test, which is in 1 hour and 5 minutes, but that hasn't quite happened yet. No worries.

I'm contemplating a hair cut today as well. If you think I should do this and would like to make a donation to the cut-my-hair fund, please get in touch with me.

Weekend Goal: No memory loss due to drinking.

Thursday Goal: Nap, TV, Drinks. Good Goals.

I have been awake before 7 am for four straight days. That, my friends, deserves the title of unprecedented.

The Twins signed Mike Redmond. Nobody cares.

I'm sure I will drink too much coffee today and not be able to take a nap later on. Then I will get pissed, come on this thing, and unleash some fury on some poor, undeserving subject matter.

Perverted Tom says he's coming out tonight. For this I am excited. I haven't seen Tom in 2 weeks. I think TSLF has him locked up in Apartment 112.

Time to chapter skim before the test.

I should probably take my college career more seriously.

Maybe not.

Until Later. It's Thursday, if you read this, you know what to expect.





Comments:
Just wanted to add a little something to think about - Perhaps WSGF has been kidnapping her and keeping her locked up in apt. 112 as opposed to Brent's theory.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?