Saturday, December 18, 2004

A Weekend of Ups and Downs

The Geoff came over from The Cities on Friday Night. We were in the middle of a poker game when he showed up, a game in which I took 3rd place... out of four guys. Not so good.

The biggest hand, for me, came when I paired a six on the flop. The highest card on the flop was a ten. The Rizz raised pre-flop. I called. Post-Flop I bet, he raised... I put him on AK, I figured he the flop didn't it him. The turn was a blank. He bet big, I just called-- my mistake. I should have went over the top all-in, because my read was basically correct. He had J-10 suited and hit a J on the river. I had him until then, but was too chicken shit to go with my right-thinking gut.

We went bowling after that, where I had about my worst bowling performance since maybe 7th grade. I would like to blame it on things likes a shady lane, my hair in my eyes, my jeans being too long, the cross-wind blowing left-to-right over the indoor alley, the beer, etc., but I can't - I just sucked. And because I sucked, I cost The Rizz and myself some money. Did you think we would bowl and not put money on it?

This brings me to a booze money update:

1 Pitcher: $7

Total: $32.15

The most annoying thing while we were bowling was the country music they played, and when they actually played a good song, like Teenage Wasteland by The Who, they cut it off after 30 seconds. Bullshit.

Saturday we were lame. Had a handful of beers, played some old school N64 Mario Cart, watched some hoops and a music video countdown.

We played a poker game as well. The Geoff, Heed, The Rizz, and myself. I took this one down, thanks to pocket tens being my hand the last few nights. Feels good to win some money from your friends.

It is still early enough to make something exciting out of Saturday, but I'm going to hang it up and give the liver a break tonight. Tomorrow I plan to spend most of the day watching football and playing poker. Ah, poker.

Until Then.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?