Monday, January 10, 2005

Figure It Out

If I had to compare my poker game to something, I would compare it to the original Nintendo. When I have it working, it can be smooth and pretty good; but sometimes I need to hit the re-set button or take the game out and blow in it for a while. I get cloudy, my mind gets wrapped around too many things and at times I lose track of the factors that actually matter in the game. I am aggressive to a fault.

Kathy Lee Gifford has written a musical for the stage and it is premiering soon. Pause for confused, awkward laughter.

Peyton Manning took his second NFL MVP Award after netting 47 of the 48 votes. One person voted for Mike Vick. That person should be sent to Russia with no money, no passport, and a sign that says fuck the commies.

I learned something new today. Francis Ford Coppola fired Harvey Keitel a week into filming Apocalypse Now in order to replace him with Martin Sheen. Good move, Mr. Coppola. While I like Keitel, I've always thought that he is overrated.

Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston split. One Rumor has it that Aniston caught Pitt having phone sex with Angelina Jolie. I think that these two need to produce a child before they split. Someone needs to intervene and help this happen.

Here is some proof that the Southern United States is actually a different country than the rest of America. Jon Stewart's book was banned in two Mississippi (I just sang the little song about the spelling of that state in my head when I typed it) libraries because of satirical pictures where the heads of the nine supreme court justices are placed on nude bodies. Wal-Mart has also refused to sell the book - just one more reason not to shop there.

I need to link you people to one of my favorite blogs. Read it, especially if you like baseball, but even if you don't, check it out.

Just a reminder, Wisconsin, the Packers lost on Sunday.

My left ear is clogged. It has been for about 36 hours. It feels like it would if your ears have just popped upon take off in an airplane. It sucks, really fucking annoying.

Poker and girls are a lot alike. I should put more thought into this before I post this idea, but I'm just going to toss some initial brain droppings out there.

Concerning both poker and girls, being aggressive the most fun way to go about it, but not always the smartest or most successful.

When you go all-in, there's a chance you'll get fucked.

When you have a hand, you have to read a player just like you'd read a girl in order to extract as much as you possibly can from her, maybe you need to play a massage bet in order to warm them up a little so they'll go further into the pot with you.

Sometimes a hand (girl) isn't as good as it (she) looks.

Maybe some more on that later.

You know what pisses me off - especially when respected people on TV News who are supposed to be intelligent do this??? It gets to me when people use the word "that" when they mean "who." Example: I have a friend that runs everyday. Wrong! I have a friend who runs everyday. I hear it all the damn time. It could the most transgressed upon grammatical rule in the spoken English language. People are "who" - Objects are "that."

One thing I often do that irritates me is when I am singing along with a song that has a grammar muff in it; I will correct it as I sing. Such as replacing a "that" with a "who." I know, I'm sad.

I have a four hour drive ahead of me tomorrow to check out the roommates, Will and Jesse, basketball game. The warm company of a female in my lap would be nice. Please apply within.

Oh yeah, shit, I almost forgot. I bought some bagels the other day, and on the package it said that they were "pre-sliced." But when I opened the bag, I found that they were, in fact, sliced. A Pre-Sliced bagel would not be sliced because it is in a pre-sliced state, thus before the slice has taken place. So, instead of buying pre-sliced bagels, I had actually purchased sliced bagels. That was nice of them to do that for me, but I wish they would label the bag correctly.

I'm out to expire on the day.

Until Tomorrow.









Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?