Sunday, January 30, 2005

First Monday

I spent 11 straight hours on the couch watching TV today.

Alana and Lucy, the LAX girls, were kind enough to wake me up at 10 this morning after we didn't crash until 4:30 AM the night before. Thanks, Girls.

It started out with Con-Air on the USA Network at noon. Then I watched 7 hours of Inside of the Actors Studio on Bravo, Johnny Depp, Morgan Freeman, 2 hours of Clint Eastwood, Jamie Foxx, and 2 hours with Robert Redford. After that marathon Will and I caught up on the two most recent episodes of Tilt.

I said I would reserve judgement on Tilt until I had seen three episodes. Well now I have. And the show is not bad. If they would get rid of the cheesey ass dialogue during some of the poker hands it would be a lot better. ESPN also placed it in a stupid time slot: Thursday nights at 8, the same time as TV's number one show, CSI. Tilt isn't going to win out over CSI in this house. But I can understand why ESPN put it there, they have to work around a million college basketball games, but Thursday night at 9 would have been much better.

A few quick brain spillings:

I hate Gibbons... the coach, not the mammals.

I love watching the games rather than covering them.

A girl told me I didn't play my cards right with her and that the re-buy would be expensive. While I appreciated the poker metaphor, I failed to mention that I didn't even enter the action on the hand.

There is no better screen duo than Paul Newman and Robert Redford.

I have a bunch of movies out on loan. Please return them if you have them.

I found my lost UWEC sweatshirt. The borrower confessed to the robbery.

Sammy is pretty much on the Orioles. That will be weird.

Scott Erickson signed a minor league deal with the Dodgers. People forget that he tossed a no-hitter once.

Some movies should be required viewing for certain people.

It's funny how cards and girls both look better after a few drinks.

I've been drinking Coors Light lately. Somebody rescue me from myself.

My 9 year old brother Bryce played goalie for his Badger State hockey team this weekend. In the first two games he gave up a combined 1 goal. In the third he gave up 9, but when I spoke to him he was really pumped about the microwave and coffee maker in their hotel room.

The saying is true, youth is wasted on the young.

The regimine starts tomorrow. Stop laughing Jesse and Will, you Fucks.

I bought 15 Apple Jack shots at the bar the other night - good thing I'm not tracking the money flow anymore.

I hate cliche.

And I hate blind optimism.

But I love a little brutal honesty. Throw some my way sometime, a guy can never get enough.

Duke's sacred son J.J. Reddick missed three free throws in Sunday night's game.

Momma loves Funions.

I was at a t-shirt swapping party on Friday. It would have been cooler if it was a bodily fluid swapping party.

Don't you think Shaq and Lisa Leslie should be forced to procreate just to see what comes out?

You should watch Judgment at Nuremberg with Spencer Tracy, Richard Widmark, Burt Lancaster, and Maximilian Schell.

Did you know Heather Graham is 35?

This week better fly by so the painful Super Bowl analysis will just go away and we can watch the fucking game already.

Thursday Night TV Reports from the last two OC's:

Blah. Those two and the next one are all building toward a monumental episode in two weeks.

That's done now.

Hey, I still have a list of shit to get to, don't I?

Everyone in my Psych330 class is supposed to wear their favorite t-shirt to class tomorrow. I can't for our "feel good, get to know ya" session tomorrow while we discuss them.

That was sarcastic.

Lucy and I killed at Hockey Saturday night.

Somebody make Spring Break plans for us because we're just not getting the job done.

Time to turn myself off.

Until Tomorrow.


Comments:
Voicemail, word for word commentary, left on "that girls" voicemail.

Saturday- 2:41...
"Hello, this is Brent...and ah right now I'm requesting a buyback. A buy in, a rebuy, whichever you prefer, so ah... I'll talk to you a little bit later, ba-bye!"

The reality of it is simple... you tried to enter the action, but couldn't get in the game. So, then you desperately pleaded with numerous attempts, and when you weren't allowed in on the "action," you tried to reverse your game.

(Sorry, sometimes brutal honesty hurts)

ps. you can have your jersey back, nobody wants it anyway!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?