Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Infected with Twin Fever

It looks like the North infiltrated the South.

I was really excited to make the four hour drive to UW-Whitewater tonight for the roommates' basketball game, but an ear infection and other cold symptons have zapped my energy and I don't think I'm up for the drive. Weak, yeah.

So that sucks.

But I am also really excited for something will certainly happen, Spring Training. This year's Twins team is going to be interesting to watch because this is surely not a sure thing to repeat as division champs. But I think the changes that have made that are making things uncertain are going to be fun to watch unfold. Three years in a row they have made the playoffs and failed to reach the World Series, so, if something is broke you have to fix it. Hopefully a few new faces and a few risks will turn out to be the new axle that got you across the river in The Oregon Trail in 4th grade. Koskie out, Guzman out, Mauer healthy, most everyone else back. I am looking for Justin Morneau to go for about 35 dongs this year, having a chance to play everyday. Mauer should be around 30 as well and holding an average over .300 by season's end. Cuddyer should step in at 3rd and I'm guess it could be SS by committee, which is scary, but after all the things the Minnesota scouting and player development have done, there is no choice but to have faith in them making good decisions. So, this year's projected line up, in my eyes:

Stewart LF
Ford DH
Mauer C
Morneau 1B
Hunter CF
Jones RF
Cuddyer 3B
Bartlett/Punto/Ojeda SS
Rivas 2B

Rotation: Santana, Radke, Silva, Lohse, Mays/Mullholand

I predict a repeat, right now, before spring training. They'll do it.

It won't be too long until this blog feels like a baseball blog. Go Twins.

Until The First Pitch.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?