Tuesday, February 22, 2005

An Ending and a Beginning

I just got back from UW-Oshkosh for the roommates' first round game of the conference tournament. They are the 6 seed, UWO is the 3. The game went to OT and EC came up short, ending both of my roommates' basketball careers. A season recap will come soon. They will get their due.

On to Baseball:

Nothing makes me feel better than the start of spring training.

As a die-hard fan, it gives me 6 weeks to learn about the new players and appreciate the ones who are gone.

For the next 6 weeks I'll be constantly juggling possible line-ups in my head. What happens if this guy gets hurt or sucks, who will go there, but then what happens at this position? These questions will spin the wheels of my head for the next 6 weeks. And I love it.

I love baseball, I love Spring Training, I love the Twins.

Good News: Joe Mauer went through a basically full work out and says he is feeling "pretty good."

Bad News: Justin Morneau had a shitty offseason, being afflicted with three illnesses: chicken pox, appendicitis, and a lung infection that lead to pneumonia... and he is still ill.

Good News: Luis Rivas is in camp early.

Bad News: Coming to camp early won't boost your average 40 points.

I can't wait for Opening Day.

Until Tomorrow

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?