Monday, January 31, 2005

Flood Gates

What are you going to read about in this fractured entry?
- Basketball
- News
- The Twins/Baseball
- The Neighbors
- A Religion I didn't know about
- Beer
- Politics
- Paranoia

Archie went off for 8 of 10 from the arc tonight, a school record. The team set a record with 16 three pointers in a route of Wisconsin Lutheran. Jesse wanted to have no stats when he looked at the boxscore, but he had 2 dimes and a board. Will grabbed Gibby's ass.

I spoke. Jesse wrote. They read. Then came the backlash. I like my own shirt.

I just lost a hold 'em game after playing some truly shitty poker. Focus, Deets. It was probably the quickest five player game in the history of this house.

Talk about disrespecting a name... This guy is one of the more dispicable members of our specie.

"Ignorance about the basics of this free society is a danger to our nation's future." That is quote from a foundation that was quoted in this cnn.com article. Read it, then read on here: Should we just mail in the future of the country now? How are we not teaching kids about these things and why are they not caring? The next plague that will wipe out people in this country is not going to be a medical one, it is going to be APATHY. Apathy will end our country eventually, when you people start pushing kids out, teach them about these things at a young age. How do people not care about the first amendment? That's a mind fuck.

In case you haven't heard, the government is now advising all people to keep large quantities of beer in their automobile's winter survival kit. This message was paid for by Anheuser-Busch Inc.

If you aren't paying attention to this social security business that is going down in Washington, you better start because it's going to determine at what age you can safely retire. It's odd to me that all of a sudden politicians are jumping on the proverbial third rail of politics. Let's fuck some shit up, huh Washington Stiffs? I want to work 'til I am 85. Now by principle, I'm not a fan of social security, I would rather be responsible for my own future, but while this system is in place, we need to make it right.

Drama what? Okay, quasi-drama... So these Blogs Jesse and I write have aparently started, or maybe perpetuated, a bit of neighborly spat. The comment by Anonymous (she can post her name on here if she wants to - I'm going to continue to respect her privacy), who we will call J-Harm (after female poker player Jennifer Harmon, since Anonymous used a poker metaphor) left on my last post as well a few IM's I've received from her roommates make it quite clear that these readers of our blogs were offended by some of the remarks we've made. That will happen, but you won't find apologies on here. But here are some things to think about:

A quote from Jesse's Blog: "...skipped the shirt swapping party at our neighbor's house.... i was told it was a good move by me..... it sounded like the party had potential..."

What meaning can you extract from that? You can deduce that we (Will and I) told Jesse that he probably wouldn't have had fun. Does that mean that Will and I didn't have fun? No. If you know Jesse and me, you know that we have tons in common, but also differ in opinion on tons of things. I had fun at the party, and Jesse may have as well if he had gone. You can have fun at any party as long as you are in the proper company... and we were, so for the sake of my friends who I like to hang with, I assure you that I enjoyed your company Friday Night. I wasn't all about the shirt swapping thing, and if I wasn't all about it, I know Jesse would have been less about it - if that makes sense. So anyway, I've written far too much, but don't take it personally, it isn't worth it nor is it justifiable.

As far as the comment: 1) Look at the time and the day... Let's make a list of things I won't be doing on a Friday night at 2:41 AM (she was right, the call came on Saturday, but it was after Friday night out - I had to check my phone to be sure.)

1) Driving
2) Homework
3) Playing Poker Online
4) Juggling Well
5) Calling my Father

Draw your own conclusion.

I don't want to make this any more petty than I already have and it already is, but that should be noted. And thanks for the honesty, but no, it didn't hurt.

On to things you might actually give a shit about:

If you've checked out my links on the right side of this page, you will see one that reads Paul Phillips. If you clicked on it, the first entry you probably read was about his belief system as far as religious ideas are concerned. I am totally fascinated about how he responded. He titled himself an Apatheist. That blew me back because it is an -eist word with an a- beginning that I've never heard of. Reading about it was quite intrigueing. I wouldn't call myself this, but I bet that many, many church-goers fall into this category. Check it out... maybe it fits you!

Check out this take from Tony Pierce on the Sammy Sosa deal. I don't know what Jim Rome's take was, but I promise this is better.

If born again Christians crack me up, which they do, then born again Virgins make me explode from the inside out.

Right now I am drinking my fourth beer and eating Pringles and carrots. Weird combo for a Monday night I would say.

Burnitz to the Cubs? Oh man, I'm sorry Chicago fans. If the Twins got rid of Torii Hunter and picked up Bernie Williams I would feel the same way.

The Twins named Brad Radke their opening day starter already. Thoughts:
1) Why so early?
2) Only in Minnesota would the Cy Young Award winner (Santana) take a back seat for the sake of tradition. Radke has started seven straight opening days for the Twins.
3) Just fucking start Santana. There's been a changing of the Ace in Minnesota.

I am crawling out of my skin waiting for the baseball season to start. Every season for the past five years I have become increasingly excited for Training Camp, Opening Day, The Playoffs. It's ridiculous. I would give half of my right pinky toe if the season started today.

Santana declined a 3 year deal for 25 million. That's not much more than Kris Benson or Jared Wright got. Offer the man 6 years for 66 million. Please. Give it to him. Backload the thing, whatever, get it done. Give him a few lakes in Minnesota, just go long term with the safe bet. Pohlad blows.

Do you ever get that feeling that you are being watched, but you aren't, but you keep checking, then you have to tell yourself you are an idiot, but then you look again one more time just to be sure? Me too.

I'm lazy.

I read the transcript of President GWB's speech/press conference last Wednesday. I need to rip apart the language for you and tell you what he was really saying. After I do that, which will happen tomorrow, please send the link to someone in the South.

Until Then.




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?