Sunday, February 20, 2005

Up Before the Rooster

This is my first blog post with booze in the veins.

This is also the first time in a long time that I'm playing poker online after drinking.

Combining the two at 4 a.m. should produce great things.

Jesse and I both just lost connection to Poker Pages. Disaster.

I have an all Blink-182 playlist going on right now in their memory after their apparent break-up. (see Dave Navarro's blog)

Adam and I are trying to harmonize on Dick Lips off the Dude Ranch album. I know I'm not carrying my weight.

Adam and I are planning on pulling a Damon/Affleck and winning an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay. I get to be Damon.

I could give a graduate course on how to turn off and push away girls. Adam will be delivering key note speeches bi-weekly followed by a seminar on home wrecking by Will.

I just clapped for myself after writing that.

So Adam and I were standing on the front porch of the 213 and I was beginning to discuss how the Blink-182 break up hasn't really hit me yet. The glue that Blink-182 has been between four friends should be known to the readers. I have been threatened with exile from a bar for standing on a stool singing Blink. I need to get booted from a bar sometime. Anyway, Adam was saying how the Sammy Sosa trade hasn't really sunk in with him either. Then I said, "Tell me what you think about this..." And Adam interrupted and said, "What? Sammy and Blink are putting out a new album?"

I was bent over for the next few minutes laughing my ass off trying to imagine broken ass English being sung over some power chords.

(Pause for giggling.)

ericsch20: i'm fucke dup so
ericsch20: i oolove you, buti got to sleep

That is from my friend Eric. He's drunk and after a day of working at a high school dance competition probably inflicted with a mad case of blue balls.

He's not gay.

Well sometimes.

Wait, maybe not. This is his away message right now: "bboiebies#!!!!!!!"

Adam and I are fighting over keyboard control and I'm winning 'cause why the fuck wouldn't I?

Farnsworth is in Detroit throwing 100 mph. Abby might move there.

Mauer and Morneau will combine for 65 homers this year. Mark it down, Dude.

Rivas hitting .250... Would you take the over or the under? Give me the under.

Look for the 213 Connection to take over ESPN the summer of 2006(first words ever uttered on Deetsblog by A.S.J.)

I just pulled a deck of cards out of my jacket pocket. I don't know why they were there, but I like the fact that they were.

Adam and I just turned on Kelly Clarkson's video for "Since You've Been Gone," which, yes, I have downloaded. Adam claims it is the best song to hit pop radio in nine months. Midway through the video, I turned to Adam and said, "If two years ago I had said that we would be here watching a Kelly Clarkson video on my computer at 4:30 in the morning, what would you have said?" He responded with, "Where's the gun? Where's my head?"

Kelly erased my two year hatred of her with one video. That's pretty remarkable. Now I really want to wake up next to her one morning, preferrably naked.

"And then I saw her standing there with green eyes and long blonde hair, she won't be wearing underwear..." In the immortal words of one Paris Hilton, "That's Hot."

Now that I have actually begun to internalize and think about the Blink Break Up, I have realized that it really shouldn't happpen.

On a different, but still related note, Scott Raynor, their original drummer, is probably a little bit happier today.

Sometimes I think I am a genius, other times I believe I am a moron. Is there any middle ground?

I just went outside to take a leak and I was looking around at some freshly fallen snow and it reminded me of the movie Fargo.

I could never end up with a dumb chick. So if you're dumb, get out of my fantasies.

I often like to speak in metaphor, but it really frustrates me when people either straight out don't get it, or just don't appreciate it. Fuck you all.

Knuckleballs are fun.

Deets Out.

Until Tomorrow.

Comments:
bloggers do it drunk.

thats the best way.

rock on.

Mo.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?