Monday, March 14, 2005

Much Ado About Night 2

Day 2...

It started a little slower and with less anticipation and energy than night 1, but it quickly caught up and things were just as they should have been.

We started playing Chinese Poker and Liar's Poker over some beers while people slowly trickled in. First to arrive were three girls nobody knew. Zach dropped off then went to pick up some other dudes, which was cool.

Johnson had two words to describe these freshman chicks: "Hot and Dumb."

But before I knew it, the house was filling with people and I was selling keg cups and shots.

I hate being "that guy."

Random Person: "Where do I get a cup?"
Roommate (pointing at me): "That guy."

Then I have to ask them for money and feel like I'm selling a used car on which I rolled back the odometer.

But that didn't stop me from pestering all the freshman ladies in the house to buy shots, which they were more than willing to do.

Of the 240 dollars we spent we made about 190 or so back, I think. I guess that's not so bad, considering we've never ever even come to close to breaking even when we've had a party.

After we were all starting to get noticeably drunk, we sat down to play another variation of poker. I coined the game "Moron's Poker." It goes like this: It's set up and dealt just like hold 'em. Once everyone has their cards, they can decide if they want in or not. If they are in, they throw a dollar into the pot, if they are out, they just fold, thus the title Moron's Poker. I was killing in this before we went to the bar. I hit all the flops I played.

Then I went to the bar and Shee-nan's stole all my money. Again.

One highlight of the night occurred just before we were going to leave for the bar. I looked out the front door and saw a couple older guys walking up the porch to our door.

I was thinking to myself, "I don't know these people, they're not cops, what's going on..."

When they got to the door I opened it up and they came in and said, "Hey, is this where the party is?"

I said of course and immediately poured shots for the three couples who were out celebrating a few birthdays at the Legion.

One guy held is shot glass in the air and said, "Wausau West Left Tackle 1980."

So I held my glass in the air and said, "Wausau East Tight End and QB 2002."

We cheered and took 'er down. Then he asked for another, so we did another. Then he thought that he and I should do a third Bacardi shot, so we did a third. I am very certain that those three Bacardi shots contributed to my blackout period of the night.

After they left we find out that the Left Tackle from West was indeed their driver. Good thing he did three shots.

One of the guys asked where the pot was, a couple of the ladies went into the kitchen to get some beers. Someone asked one of the guys where his wife was and he said, "Oh, she's upstairs with some guy, she'll be back in a little bit."

So six random baby boomers stopped in for a few shots, that was fun.

The rest of the stories from the night are pretty much not publishable, for good or for bad.

This weekend was the perfect precursor to Spring Break.

Jesse and I both bombed our history tests today. So that's sweet.

This week can't end soon enough. Bring me to PCB!

Until Then.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?