Friday, April 15, 2005

I need some pills for my back!

My back is giving me hell again. It is sore all the damn time and it's starting to slow me down.

I have fractures that will never heal in three of my lumbar vertabrae. They started out as stress fractures during my sophomore basketball season, then I kept playing through the pain until I couldn't get out of bed one morning. I finally went to the doctor and he said that the fractures that had once been healable were now fractured completely through and would remain that way.

They cost my a considerable amount of flexibility and mobility in high school sports and were the sole reason I didn't try to play football here (Doctor's orders).

I need a new bed. Mine is kind of old and I think a new one would help. Also, I don't really take care of my back like I should. I work a job that isn't good for it. I carry kegs into the house when I have very healthy and capable roommates to do that. And I haven't stayed in the kind of shape that I should have.

But therein lies another problem. I can't exercise too much or my back starts hurting, but I need to be in good shape to give my back the best chance. What do I do? Start swimming probably, but I fuckin' hate indoor pools. I don't know why; it's just a thing.

Talk to me when I'm 40.

Moving on.

I'm ecstatic for the weekend, except for the fact that I have to work Saturday night until close. We'll see if I can weasel out of it.

I hate the phrase "for the fact that" and I just used it. Fuck. ...except for the fact that...because of the fact that...due to the simple fact that... There are better ways to say things.

I also hate the word "veggies." I was thinking about this today. I don't know why. Can people not say "vegetables?" My mom used the word all the time and I even hated it then when I was like 9 years old.

I hate it when people insert the word "like" into sentences where it just isn't needed. I just did that in my previous paragraph too. I'm starting to annoy myself.

I have to quit.

Until The Next.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?