Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Team Just Nguyen is 1-0

Is this weird? When I am using my mouse on my computer and listening to music and I'm ready to click on something, I'll often wait to click my mouse with the beat or in time to the music. Does anyone else do this?

I went out last night Jesse Huxtable's 21st. From what I remember it was really fun. I drank entirely too much, did some dumb shit, passed out, woke up, and remained drunk into the early afternoon today. I pretty much don't remember from about 1:30 on. But Happy Birthday to Jesse. She's the best.

Soccer game today. It was the first of the intramural season. We felt pretty confident going in. We have an all-state player (Jesse), a career scoring record holder from Wausau East High School (Will), an experienced goalie (Shane), and a nice supporting cast of females: Joanna, Katie, Megan, Liz, Crissy, and Toni.

I was feeling good sporting a #15 Wausau East football jersey from circa 1982.

So the first half went pretty well, we headed to the bench in a 0-0 tie. Will botched a few scoring attempts. Jesse ran all over the field covering up for my lack of experience, that's what we'll call it, lack of experience. Shane played a solid net. I got my first foul.

Then came the second half.

I got my ass ejected. I was playing defense, sort of, and some dude kicked the ball over my head and instead of reacting to it like some guys might, I just watched it sail over my head. Well, #10 for the other team was busting his ass chasing the ball. I saw him sprinting toward me as I watched the ball go over my head. I turned, hunched a little bit and braced for contact. The dude sort of jumped and ran smack into my left shoulder and ate it hard on to the grass. I didn't move, didn't even step back. But that guy was layed out. Apparently in soccer you can get a foul if you don't move and someone runs into you. I understand the play was too violent for soccer. But I didn't intend to hurt him and I surely didn't go out of my way to impede his progress. In fact, I just stood in the same place and let him initiate the contact. So I was asked to go sit down.

After the game Jesse felt it necessary to tell me to go say something to the guy, which I was already on my way to do. I love it when he treats me like a son.

Anyway, Will scored in the second half and we won 1-0. Yippy.

Season scoreboard: Wins - 1. Goals 1 (Will, 1). Fouls - 2 (Brent,2).

Very excited for the weekend, welcoming Aaron Gooze and Adam to the 213.

Giddy Up.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?