Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Temp, you suck.

What the fuck was going on on the World Poker Tour tonight?

Add Temp Hutter to my list of hated poker players, along with Hellmuth and Mike The Mouth.

I don't have any step-siblings, so I have no first hand of experience of the analogy I'm about to make, but does anyone else feel like the Red Sox are your new step-brother who moved in and got all the attention and was so squeaky clean that you just knew deep down there is some darker, demonic side to them, the same guy who wears zipperless windbreaker jackets over polo shirts and dons too many gold bracelets and necklaces? He's the guy who rubs his good fortune in your face, the guy you want to punch between the eyes and watch the bags beneath them turn a deep shade of purple while he sobs on his girlfriend's shoulder. Yes. I have issues.

I just wish that the Red Sox, their fans, and their media (including ESPN) could get over themselves for five goddamn minutes.

Go Twins.

As exciting as their championship was, and I was rooting for them after the Twins were eliminated, it's still just like the first fight a younger brother ever won over his older brother. They strut now. But what about when they get bounced in the ALDS?

Everyday I rediscover a song that reminds why I love punk rock. Today it was "Fight It" by Pennywise.

Come to EC and hang out this weekend, all of you.

Speaking of the Twins, actually I wasn't, I just briefly mentioned them, but I'm going to speak (write) of them now: Silva and Morneau. Minnesota needs those boys back and soon. Who knows how much endurance Mays has in him or what kind of games they'll get from Lohse and the fifth starter spot is the biggest wild card, whether it is one of three or four minor league dudes or the artifact that is Terry Mulholland.

The House of Reps actually did something I liked today. They are in the process of getting rid of the estate taxes so that Big Brother can't rip you off twice on every dollar. Stupid.

I watched Closer last night. Great acting, good flick, I love dialogue driven material, especially when it is explicit in nature. So Alice or Jane or whatever, well done.

Sideways tonight. Expectations aren't real high because it is dangerous to expect much from movies that have received as much hype as this one has. I refer you to I, Robot.

Until The Next.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?