Tuesday, May 03, 2005

For Christ's Sake!

Yes. I claim victory! Over what you ask? Over my own inner-demons, that is at least the ones that were tormenting me by keeping the elusive title of song away from me. For weeks I have been trying to figure out which Millencolin song had the lyric "gonna beat you at soccer." And now I have it, my mind is at ease. That song's title is "Black Gold" off the For Monkeys album.

I'm going to hate on some stuff now:

Nothing makes my blood curdle, my muscles tense up, my stomach turn like this fuckin' bullshit. When is our society, our government, going to move beyond this? It is beyond logical thinking, beyond common sense, beyond reason to try to figure out how people think that a public institution of education can want to teach something completely without fact over something with factual, scientific evidence! The religious right in this country are seriously fucking shit up and setting this country back fifty years. Do they have copies of the constitution in the red states, or did they get replaced by the ten commandments that some dude with a staff supposedly found chiseled into rock by a supernatural being? I'm going to lease a fleet of steamrollers and roll through the south and west hunting down religious right fanatics who want to pull this shit. I'm hiring drivers now. Who wants to join me this summer? There will be no pay, but the job perks are great.

Unbelievable. Unfathomable. Really. I'm going to take a break and cool off.

Until I Get Back.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?