Friday, August 05, 2005

Volleyball, Beer, Weekend

Our volleyball team was in first place heading into last night's match. We were 9-1 playing an 8-2 team. And how this 8-2 team ever lost two matches is a mystery to me.

The first time we squared off against The Jacks we won the first game 15-0 and then proceeded to lose the next two games. Pitiful.

This time we won the first game and then lost the next two, again.

But it was probably the most fun I've had this season in volleyball. I guess that's the masochist in me. I played some of my better ball as well during these matches.

I don't do anything particularily well on the volleyball court, especially a sand one, but I dive well and get myself in position well. I try to get my teammates balls in spots where they can use their strengths to best help us. I like diving. I like digging. I like serving. I like winning, but we lost.

I have a face that my friends know well, my "Macker Face." It's my competitive face that comes out when I really don't feel like losing, and I fucking hate losing. I'm pretty sure the Macker Face came out a few times last night on the v-ball courts. I had a few tiny outbursts, once grabbing and punching the bottom of the net and once swearing at the ground after I fucked up. If there is anything I hate more than losing, it is letting teammates down.

That was a really poorly written section. Fuck.

----

I went out last night for only the second time in the last month. I got Deets Trashed. I took a pitcher, half full of beer, from The Pio and smuggled it into Shee-nan's. Stupid or not, it was fun. I needed to get wasted. It had been too long.

This weekend I'm going to The Cities with Nicole. She is leaving for Texas (where she'll attend Grad School) in two weeks and we want to have a weekend away together before she goes. I'm excited to not work this weekend so Nicole and I can spend some QT together just hanging out and having fun.

I believe we will be hitting up a Twins game with a former guest blogger of my blog, Adam Sivright Jefferson and his new quasi-maybe-special-lady-friend and hopefully Pete. It should be a fun weekend at the Motel 6, where they'll leave the light on for you, at least according to Tom Bodett. Have you ever listened to Tom Bodett's stories on his tape "The End of the Road"? Pretty good stuff. Check it out, it's Garrison Keillor-esque, but of course not as good.

I love good sandwiches.

Jim Rome.

John Tesh.

Stephen A. Smith.

I'm out.

What the fuck is going on???

No Shit.

Until The Next.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?