Thursday, September 22, 2005

For those who don't read the Sports Guy, check this out from his most recent mailbag column.

Q: Please help settle a long-standing debate a friend and I have going. How far did Zack Morris get with Kelly Kapowski?-- Jonathan Chavez, Cambridge, Mass.

SG: I was thinking about bothering my new ESPN colleague Mario Lopez with this one (sorry, I just had to see how that looked in print) before deciding to take this one myself. I don't think Zack sealed the deal until the "College Years" ... and that show never happened. So I'm going with third base. And I mean "third base" in the context of when the show happened (the early-'90s), not what "third base" means now, which is probably something like "a threesome that isn't videotaped."

Let's get some feedback on this. My life being just a series of naps, I was up one morning to catch the "'There's no hope with dope' PSA" episode of Saved by the Bell and that just brought back the innosence of the show for me. So on the Saved by the Bell, the high school years, judging by the huge crowd erruptions for every peck on the check kiss, I'm going to say Zack never went further than a little boob cupping. But the college years, yes, the college years. They should have made that show a primetime one on TNT or something. It would have been a great opportunity to take those characters, who were very well established, and do a more realistic show about life between 18 and 22 or so. They needed to include more drinking, drugs, sex, the works. Pretty much The OC without parents.

I want to hear from you. How far did Zack and Kelly go? Also, what's your favorite episode of Saved by the Bell?

It's no fair reading this blog and not contributing, so I expect to read some things from the girls across the alley.

Comments:
Atta babe. I completely agree with you regarding the Zach/KCap intimacy question. Not a chance in hell third base was even approached. In fact, Zach never really rounded first too sure of himself, even though his ball was splitting the outfielders and going to the wall for sure. This is probably one of sports guy's biggest errors ever. In fact, I may tell him that.

Well OC'd.

AJ
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?