Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Homecoming

Jesse did a pretty conclusive recap of Homecoming Weekend on his blog. See the link to it on the right side of the screen. Why should I make it easier for you by putting a link in this text when the link is sitting probably less than 4 inches away?

A few things to add:

I had to work Friday Night. I started at 4:45 PM and didn't leave the store until 7:00 AM Saturday morning. Our shift was a fucking zoo as we were understaffed by about two people. I had our counter and phone people telling people we were just doing pizzas and smotherella sticks by midnight because there was no way we would have kept up if I had had to make a bunch of fucking manjare rolls all the time.

We closed at 3:00 AM, setting a new record for the day at the EC store by about 750 bucks. They had done about 900 dollars of business by the time I got in there a little before five. So yeah, we were fucking busy. But I only kicked three people out and made one girl cry. I expected to have to do more of that.

After we cleaned up and I finished all of Friday's paperwork, about six of us stayed and did some prep work for the Saturday people. The store opened at 8:00 am and they didn't have people coming in until 7:30. I thought they could use the help and I'm sure they did.

I left the store at 7, went home, showered, changed, woke everyone up, took a few minutes to figure out who the hell was sleeping on the floor in the living room. The mystery man turned out to be Joe Early, funny man and shirt thief.

I started walking to The Nasty Habit, which opened at 7. I was going to have a drink with a co-worker there and then head to She-nan's, which opened 8 to get a shirt. At 7:30 I approached the line to get into She-nan's, already almost a block long. So I said fuck The Nasty and the line and decided to go into She-nan's neighbors, my pizza place, to wait until a friend walked by I could cut in line with. Get pissed back of the line people.

I paid 6 bucks, got a shirt, Kubes poured a shot in my mouth, I had four beers by 9:00 when I met up with Will, Jesse, Shane, and Joe Early-riser at the Pio. I had a few beers and a couple shots there and was well on my way by 11:00 when our quest for food began. We ended up grabbing a pizza and heading back to my place, where I crashed for a 4-5 hour nap, which after working for 14 hours and then drinking for 3 was greatly needed.

I woke up, watched the end of USC/ND and then we hit up the bars once again. The only difference from any other weekend in the bar scene this Saturday night was that we had to wait in line and once we got in, everyone was wearing the same shirt as the person standing next to them. The bars are less crowded on this weekend because cops will actually monitor capacities and shit.

What happened at the bars? Mary fell down, twice. Jesse nearly fought, but Shane, Will, and I were there to break it up if it went down. Gave some hugs, watched some debauchery. Sat in a chair near the beer bath and chugged 'em down. Left at 1:00.

Compared to last Homecoming, this one was a bit tame, but at least as much fun.

I just wonder what happened to all those friends we have in LaCrosse and Madison... They can't hang, I guess.

There was no car wrecking with hammers. No cut fingers. No legal confrontations. But I still got my annual Saturday nap in.

It's Tuesday and I think I am finally recovered from a severe lack of sleep. Tomorrow is Wednesday and then the week winds down.

Until The Next.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?