Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Throwing Curves at Harriet

Harriet Miers. The controversy surrounding her nomination to The Supreme Court won't end.

Now she's pro-life and has muddled her opinions on privacy rights via a supposed miscommunication with Arlen Specter.

The John Roberts confirmation went through pretty smoothly because his views weren't known and he dodged questions getting at them very, very well. He was incredibley cool under the pressure of his hearings.

I don't see Miers replicating that performance.

Would she be in the position she's in now if she did not know Bush personally? I would be willing to bet the $200 in my checking account against it. Okay, so I maybe I don't even have that much money.

One thing that conservatives will have to realize is that Roe v. Wade will never be overturned. Never. They just will not get the right case and the right personel on The Bench to get it done. And say Miers comes out strongly against abortion rights, well then I say we could see a filibuster.

Here is something that really bothers me about the Miers nomination. First, I don't know shit, but I do question her credentials to hold this position. But above that, I feel bad for the judges out there who are more qualified to be a Supreme Court Justice. There certainly are men and women who have served as a judge on some high level court for years who are more deserving but are being passed over for Bush's girl. Not cool.

She's not getting confirmed anyway. Bush can't even garner support from his own people.

---

Abrupt change of subject:

Holy Pujols! Shit, that was a bomb. I heard Karl Ravech say it was 412 feet, but I'm sure it was farther than that. God damn.

And think about this, without that short porch in left, the Astros are not even in this thing. Berkman's, Ausmus's, and Burke's shots might have just been doubles or fly outs in that 18 inning marathon against Atlanta. Berkman's dinger-that-woulda-been-a-double in the 7th would have extended the inning and at least tied it up, but Houston has benefited from that shitty field design. Yes, St. Louis is playing in the same park, yes, they could be hitting shots up there. I'm not saying Houston shouldn't still be playing, I'm just saying they should send a letter to the architecht of that field thanking him. Imagine if you were playing in high school and they brought you to the field where you played junior league, wouldn't you want to thank the guy who put that in motion, at least if you're a hitter?

Pujols's blast on the other hand would have been out to straight away center at the old Polo Grounds in New York.

There are no pitchers I would want to face less going into 6 and 7 than Oswalt and Clemens, except for maybe Johann Santana, anyone on the White Sox this week, Mitch Williams, John Rocker, and Oil Can Boyd.

Oil Can Boyd, one of the best baseball names ever. Right up there with Jim Eisenrich, Pete Incavilgia, Mickey Morandini, Mike Mordecai, Von Hayes, Andy Van Slyke, CoCo Crisp, PeeWee Reese, Pokey Reese, Mickey Hatcher, Goose Gossage, Rob Deer, Jimmy Key, Bobby Crosby, Darren Daulton, Lenny Dykstra, Ron Karcovice, Carney Lansford, Steve Lombardozi, Chase Utley, Chuck Knoblauch, Ozzie Smith, Gary Gaetti, Bobby Bonilla, Mike Piazza, Robinson Cano, Doug Mientkiewicz, Mark Grudsielanek, Johnny Bench, Edgar Renteria, and a bunch more. Who am I leaving off?

Anyway, I think the Cards will win the series. I can't decide in which game, either way, it's going down to the wire.

---

The Vikings are so bad that getting laid doesn't even help them win. I can't even write about them this year because they are so fucking sloppy that I can't stand to watch them. Fumbles, picks, missed tackles, guys not wrapping up -- it's pathetic.

Fire Tice.

---

Paul Molitor turned down the Twins Batting Coach job. I can't decide if that's good or bad. He's been there before and he didn't do anything great for Seattle, so I think a new face will be good. Does Harold Reynolds want a job? I love him on ESPN.

---

The WSOP tonight -- one of the great Hellmuth breakdowns. "This guy can't even spell poker!" Although he was probably right, the fucker just needs to keep his mouth shut. He embarasses himself time and time again and doesn't even realize it.

Matusow, oh, Matusow, how I wish you would have lasted longer at the final table. Sorry if you don't know, he goes out right away.

I wish I could watch that baseball game tomorrow; I'm pissed I have to work, but what are you going to do?

Until The Next.

Comments:
If you cant decide which game the cards are going to win the series in you have problems counting..... i guess that is what you are going to school for

and as usual i suck
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?